St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Monday, September 15, 2008

Do you want me to call the police?! (12.19.07)

Mom called me just a bit ago. She was keeping the girls until I got off work. Apparently Smartie took Cookie in the bedroom and proceeded to lock the door. At first it was funny. Then it was annoying. Gracelyn refused to open the door on any condition. The conversation went something like this (with me listening on the phone)

"Smartie, you open that door, or I'm going to call your mother!"
"NO!"
"I'm calling her right now, and you're going to be in big trouble!"
"Fine. Call her then. I don't care."
"Okay, I'm calling her. She said get out of that bedroom."
"Hell no! I'm not going anywhere."

Mom finally says she'll call me back when she gets Smartie to open the door. I wait about 5 minutes, and call back to hear Cookie screaming in the background, and Smartie laughing. This all at the same time as my mother is cussing like a sailor (and I can just HEAR her frothing at the mouth).

"You open that door or I'll bust your butt!"
"NOOOOOOOO!"
"Santa Claus isn't bringing you anything."
"I don't care. I don't want anything from stupid Santa."
"Your mom is going to call the police!"
"Call 'em."
"SMARTIE, open the door NOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!"

This was followed by my mom sliding the fly-swatter under the door and thrashing it back and forth. Who knows who's feet she got (could've been Smartie's....could've been Cookie's, lol).

Finally the door opened and Smartie said, "There. It's open. Gosh." (The most calm look on her face, like she doesn't know what the big deal is.)Does she get it from me?!?!?!?!

No comments: