St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Monday, September 15, 2008

A Christmas Story, sort of.... (12.17.07)

Here's another story from the past...this summer, in fact, after Vacation Bible School....

Yesterday Smartie was telling me bible stories. I got all teary-eyed thinking how she’s actually paid attention in church and Vacation Bible School, and was so proud of my little *angel*. That’s what she is, you know, a perfect angel. She tells me how Jonah was swallowed by the whale (and the whale happened to be a girl), and how she spit him out. She proceeds to tell me about Jesus, Mary and Joseph. She even adds in some girl named Jennifer, and starts calling Joseph, Joespher. This is still too cute, and I’m just beaming from ear to ear. Then she tells me the story of Mary and Martha, and how Jesus came to visit them. She then said, “Martha said – Jesus! Don’t say bad words.” , and I told her, “Gracelyn, Jesus didn’t do anything bad. He was without sin. He didn’t say bad words.” “Well, I do!”, was her response. Okay, we’re still alright, and she goes on telling me how Martha was busy cleaning and cooking for Jesus, but Mary wasn’t doing anything. She just sat with Jesus and listened to him. Then, according to Gracelyn, Martha got so mad that she was doing everything, that she started looking for Mary. When she found Mary sitting with Jesus, she said, “Mary, what the hell is going on here?!?!?” Somehow I doubt those words were in the Bible.

No comments: