St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Monday, September 15, 2008

Something inspirational, perhaps? (12.18.07)

Now that I wrote that for the title, I don't think that's really appropriate for this story. Soooo, if what you're looking for is a little inspiration, HIT THE ROAD. It's not here, I can assure you. Neat, yes...but not inspirationl.

Those of you that know me, know I've been on a crusade to get an English Mastiff. The Dog of all dogs, to me. I had one, once, and some sorry suckas stole her, and I hope they've repented, or have gotten tangled in barbed wire, or the dog has turned against them, eaten them, or something along those lines. But nothing too harsh, you know.ANYWAYS...back to the "new" dog.

I will be adopting my newest family member this Saturday, and I'm counting down the days like a kid at Christmas. (Can I still be counted as a kid at 30?) So last night I'm on the 'puter, doing serious research (i.e. seeing if I've won the lottery) when I decide to look up directions to the dog's current address. I notice a nearby town (6 miles away) is called Dripping Springs.In college, at band camp (kidding - it wasn't band camp, it was a party)....no, no, no....In college I had 3 jobs, and one of them was for some cousins (called aunt/uncle) in Kilgore at their business. The woman boss even coordinated my wedding. I was very close to them, but they loaded up and shipped off to guess where?!?!?! Dripping Springs! Like the sleuth/CIA agent that I am, I tracked down their business on the internet, and called them last night at home.Now, this Saturday, not only do I get to pick up the newest member of my family, but I get to see people I haven't seen since my wedding (almost 9 years for you lame-o's out there). I'm VERY excited. Must be fate! Or how 'bout God?! Woohoo!

No comments: