St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Spelling bad words? Not a great idea.

While pregnant, I tend to have a mouth like a sailor. I just can't help myself. I'm pretty hateful most of the time. This is the 4th time around for me, and it's never gotten any better. The only thing that cures it is birth, and that's not 'til March!

I've tried to cut back on the trash-talking in general, but if I do, I try to use only the first letter "stupid a", or I spell it out (i.e. o.s.h.i.t.). You get my drift. So imagine my surprise to hear this come out of my child's mouth:

Me: Oh dead-gum! I hit my arm on the door and I'm DYING. Oh this hurts.

Smartie: Mom! You know we can't say bad words!!!

Me: What are you talking about? I didn't say a bad word. (For once in my life!)

Smartie: Oh yes you did. You know what you said. You said s-h-i-t.

She didn't even know what she was spelling! Probably thought she was spelling dead-gum, and that it was bad because I said it when I hurt myself, lol. That's fan-flipping-tasting! She's in preschool right now. The teacher asks them each time to name words that start with the letter of the day. I'm seriously thinking about letting her skip the "s" day.

1 comment:

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, that is too funny! And congrats on another boy. :)